Class Actions & Consumer Finance
The law firm of Bailey & Glasser brings a trial-focused litigation approach to its wide-ranging and successful class action practice. The firm’s attorneys litigate class actions involving consumer protection claims, consumer finance, illegal repossessions and foreclosures, predatory mortgage loans, illegal loan servicing, defective products, employee wage-payment and overtime rights, mismanaged ERISA funds, and a host of other consumer and employment matters.
The firm also concentrates its practice heavily in class litigation under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, or TCPA, a federal statute enacted to protect consumers from nuisance telemarketing calls.
The firm’s attorneys litigate cases under the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act and many other state consumer protection statutes. We also bring cases under the federal Truth in Lending Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, RESPA, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and other federal consumer statutes.
Some examples of our cases:
• We represent consumers bombarded by telemarketers with illegal prerecorded telemarketing calls, or robocalls, in violation of the federal TCPA;
• We sue banks and debt collectors who send prerecorded debt collection calls to consumers who allegedly owe them money;
• We represent consumer borrowers who miss a single loan payment, but then are charged multiple late fees in violation of consumer protection laws;
• We represent consumer borrowers who miss loan payments, and are socked by their bank or other lender with illegal loan default fees, including payments for the lender’s attorney fees, and bogus appraisal charges;
• We represent owners of dangerous Taurus pistols that discharge when dropped, even when in the safety position;
• We represent owners of Toyota vehicles that suddenly accelerate (sudden unintended acceleration, or SUA cases) and place the drivers, passengers, and others at great risk of injury;
• We represent owners of General Motors vehicles with defective ignitions that can cause a GM vehicle to stop operating while being driven;
• We represent investors and retirees whose investments and retirement funds are mismanaged, costing them millions of dollars in financial losses;
• We bring cases against banks and collection agencies that repossess automobiles when car loans go bad, and then fail to give the owners of the repossessed vehicles proper notice of the repossession;
• We represent borrowers who are duped into exploitative and predatory mortgage loans, and risk losing their homes to foreclosure when they are unable to pay;
• We represent employees who don’t receive paychecks under the legal deadlines for payment of wages;
• We represent employees who aren’t paid their wages for overtime work.
If you believe you have a claim for violations of your consumer, employee, or investor rights, contact one of our experienced lawyers without delay.